AMD is the desktop-grade CPU, and now it is defeated intel, which is the most popular in the processor market. AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX is not launched yet. But it’s performance benchmark has been leaked. So, through the leaked benchmark, it is estimated that AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX is faster than i7-10700K.
But Intel is still a current leader in the Notebook CPU segment because of its Tiger Lake-U processors, launched during CES 20121 event. That’s why AMD needs to perform well in the Notebook CPU segment to become the next leader in the market.
AMD’s impending Ryzen 9 5900HX notebook CPUs are part of the next-gen Cezanne-H family of processors, which is based on the Zen 3 core architecture. Information about Ryzen was spotted by TUM_APISAK within the Geekbench database. The report says that the performance of this CPU is faster than 8 core processors.
Features of AMD Ryzen 9 5900 HX
- This processor offers 8 cores and 16 threads.
- This features 16 MB of L3 cache and 4 MB of L2 cache.
- The base clock is rated at 3.30 GHz.
- The benchmark shows that all cores were hitting 4.70 GHz during the test, and it also has to overclock support.
- It includes an enhanced Vega GPU.
- AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX ‘Zen 3’ Geekbench Performance Benchmark
CPU Name Single-Core Multi-Core Performance Difference Vs. (1T) Performance Difference Vs. (MT)
- AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX 1534 9015 100% 100%
- Intel Core i7-10700K 1350 8982 113% 100%
- AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 1291 8963 119% 100%
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 1475 7630 104% 118%
- Intel Core i7-10875H 1209 7010 127% 129%
- Intel Core i7-10750H 1147 5535 134% 163%
- Intel Core i9-8950H1068 4786 144% 188%
- Intel Core i9-9980HK 1113 6504 138% 139%
- AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 1090 6608 141% 136%
- AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS1081 6755 142% 133%
AMD Ryzen 9 5900 HX: The Result
The AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX scored 1534 and 9015 points in the single-core and multi-core tests. It is 4% and 18% faster in single-core and multi-core performance tests. Ryzen 9 5900HX is faster than Ryzen 7 5800H. But, in terms of flagship predecessor, the Ryzen 7 4800H and the Ryzen 9 5900HX both are 41% faster in Single-Core and 36% faster in Multi-Core test.
The result was launched on December 19th, 2020, at 3.53 pm. The laptop used for testing this AMD’s new processor is ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 SE (GX551QS). This ASUS notebook has a memory of 32 GB of DDR4-3200 MHz memory.
So, it would go to be very interesting to see AMD’s going equal with Intel’s Tiger Lake-U processors.